Symptom Description: The power meter's red colored LED flashes on and off continuously. While in this state the power meter will NOT connect to a head unit.
Cause: The power meter is in bootloader and the existing firmware is incomplete or corrupt, leaving the power meter stuck in bootlader.
Resolution: You must re-load the power meter firmware using Qalvin Legacy. Complete the below troubleshooting. If doing so does not resolve the issue, contact Quarq Customer Service.
1) Enter the power meter ID to connect the power meter to Qalvin Legacy.
*When in the Flashing LED state, it is recommended that the ID be entered, not searched for.
2) Once connected, the app will automatically open to the Firmware Update page. Select 'I Understand' to clear the warning message.
3) Select 'Check for Available Firmware'.
4) The latest available firmware version will be displayed. Select 'Update Firmware'. The Upload Progress percentage will begin to increase.
5) Select 'Restart' when the upload is complete. When the firmware update completes, the power meter should return to normal function and the LED will no longer be flashing continuously.