The PowerCal is not as accurate as a PowerTap and not intended to replace one. Research has shown varying degrees of accuracy based on individuals and types of riding. Accuracy will depend greatly on the individual and type of riding.
Articles in this section
- PowerCal Quick Start Guide
- Will my phone or tablet work with the BLE Powercal?
- Why does the power reading jump around so much?
- Is it more accurate for certain types of riding (steady-state intervals, climbing, sprinting, etc.)?
- How does it accommodate changes in fitness, fatigue, dehydration, etc. (all the things which influence HR)?
- Will PowerCal give you both HR and power readings?
- Follow How does it compare to PowerTap?
- How accurate is it?
- Why does it no longer have to be calibrated?
- How is the PowerCal any different (why is it better) than a Heart Rate Monitor?